See larger photo
Poised for note taking, these posable writing buddies easily slip on and off a pencil top.
- Embroidery floss
- Craft wire
- Wooden bead
- Foam pencil grip
- Permanent markers
- Loosely wrap embroidery floss around your palm about a dozen times to create a coil of hair. Twist a 7 1/2-inch length of plastic-coated 22-gauge craft wire around the center of the hank.
- Thread a 6- to 8-mm round wooden bead head onto the wire ends flush to the hair. For a body, use a foam pencil grip. Poke armholes in the foam with a pushpin or the end of a paper clip.
- Thread the wire ends down into the pencil grip and out through the armholes.
- String two 4-mm cylindrical wooden beads (about 1/2 inch long each) onto each arm wire and shape the wire tips into loops for hands.
- Trim and style the hair as you like. Then draw on a face with fine-point permanent markers, and your completed character is ready to top a pencil.
- You might also like: